Bethany

Bethany
Bethany with her NG feeding tube. August 2013

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sept 10

So things have been going well at home. Bethany's weight was up, but today it was down. So I'm not really sure what is going on with her but tomorrow they are picking up the feeding tube equipment tomorrow.

We have totally created a monster by letting her eat what ever she wants. She needs to gain weight but having cake for breakfast is not usually my style. Don't get me wrong, the cake is delicious, it has three of my favorite things in it, chocolate, wine and pumpkin. It gluten and dairy free too! But cake for breakfast needs to stop.

Last night I was elected president of the board at my daughters montessouri school. This should be interesting. I think I've overextended myself, I'm also on the board of Share Southern Vermont (a pregnancy and infant loss support network) and APIC NE (my professional organization for nursing). So it's going to be a super busy year!! All of these organizations are things I care about, so I think I can make it work.

I've always admired those people that do a lot of things for their kids. You know those moms who coach (my mom and sister-in-law), are on the PTA, and have a clean house. I didn't really know if I had it in me to be one of those moms because I have a 30 mile commute to work 4 days a week and work 35 hours a week. So now I'm going to know what it's like to be one a joiner. My sister-in-law is always coaching and she watches my kids and her house is always clean when I drop them off. You should see my house right now... laundry everywhere, the doll house is in the kitchen, the beds aren't made, stuff all over the bathroom counter, I mean it's a mess. To the point that I have planned to leave work early, leave the kids at my sister-in-laws house so I can clean! It's just ridiculous.

I am continually telling my husband that I want to work less. We really can't afford for me to work less but in the fantasy land in my head I keep thinking it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment