So Bethany was discharged almost a week ago. She came home on Labor Day. Luckily we were able to find a vendor who would bring us a feeding pump on the holiday. She was on tube feeding until Thursday when she vomited and the tube came out. We were really worried it would need to go back in but today she seems like she's going to make it without it. We decided to go gluten free even though both of her celiac tests came back negative. I really think that is what has been different this time home. The formula they had her on is gluten free, hypoallergenic and of coarse dairy free.
I had to go back to work Josh was with Bethany the day she was discharged. All the nurses were so impressed with him and how he was able to give her meds and deal with the NG tube. I'm so proud of him. Annoyed that it has to be a big deal for a dad to be able to deal with their child, but proud of him!
I'm proud of Bethany for being so tolerant throughout this ordeal and I'm proud of Chelsea for being a wonderful, protective big sister.
This gluten free thing is okay. It's not quite as hard as I had thought it might be. Love pinterest for finding recipes. I just made a chocolate, pumpkin, red wine cake. I'll let you know how it comes out.
No comments:
Post a Comment