Bethany

Bethany
Bethany with her NG feeding tube. August 2013

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Eating Lifestyle change

We started seeing a dietitian recently to help us find a reason for Bethany's diarrhea and slow weight gain. She finally hit 20lbs - yay! The dietitian suggested the GAPS diet. I have done only brief research on the diet. Based on her recommendation we have cut out all processed foods. She lives mostly on meat (protein), veggies, fruit, nuts and eggs. As a result so do the rest of us. I make exceptions for Chelsea and Josh for lunches but for the most part we have all adopted her lifestyle diet.

There is something very freeing about only having to cook a meat and a veggie at dinner. I used to always have something I considered to have more substance, like potato or rice. Now I just cook more of the meat and veggie and I'm done. It's great.

Bethany's diarrhea is better but now she has developed an eczema like rash on her left leg. We can't win. So we continue with the diet and we'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment