Bethany

Bethany
Bethany with her NG feeding tube. August 2013

Friday, November 15, 2013

Holidays & Hockey

This year I have finally regained my love of the Holidays. After my son died in 2010 I had a difficult time with all holidays and especially birthdays. As time has passed I have been able to feel more happiness then sadness during those times. There will always be sadness because my son is not here, but I welcome the happiness too.

I struggled to find ways to include my son, but I think I've got it now. I talk about him when ever I want and I help other families through their grief journey through an organization called Share. This has been unbelievably fulfilling.

Onto happier topics, This year we are going to one of my best friends house for Thanksgiving. We are doing it on a weekend because of work and life schedules but I am so excited. Our kids are 1,3,4 and 5 so it will be super busy, but super fun!

My 4 year old, Chelsea is going to start hockey on Saturday. I can't believe how much she loves sports. I played sports but didn't love them the way my daughter seems to. My mother has a great love of sports and was super competitive. Chelsea seems to have the competitive spirit. We had to go to the rink this week to get her equipment and the high school team was practicing while we were waiting. She was so engaged, watching the practice. She would watch and ask me questions and it was one of the rare times she was still by her own choice. Life is about to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment